I’ve been wanting to include viewpoints other than mine on the blog recently, so I was thrilled when a blogger I admire offered to guest post. Today we have a guest post by Eternal Voyageur, the author of the lovely and informative Venusian*Glow blog. With all the negative talk about big boobs on the internet over the past few weeks, I was happy to feature a post that highlighted lots of reasons that having big boobs can be great! Check out the Venusian*Glow blog for lingerie news as well as helpful posts on natural makeup and things of that nature.
Addendum by Holly: I’ve gotten lots of outraged feedback about this post, so I’m going ahead and posting some more information here. This is from an email I sent to someone who was very upset by the post, and while it was written before I was fully caffinated, I think it’s the best and most succinct way to put it. I’m also going to write a longer and more thought out response as part of the weekly roundup tomorrow, so check back then as well. I’m hoping that Eternal Voyageur will come by and comment as well, as her responses may be totally different from mine. The response below is by me and not her, just to clarify:
“I actually debated about putting up the post for just these reasons, and went ahead with it anyway. I think your concerns are totally valid, but the main reason I went ahead and published it was pretty simple. Whether I like it or not these are all reasons I’ve heard women privately state that they love having big boobs. Yes, this includes the issues about winning arguments with men, distracting from a figure they don’t love as much, and feeling like more of a “woman” than other women. Do I love this? No. Do I make these statements in my free time? No. But, I do think they are common things that women talk about and that they hit home, whether they are politically correct or not.
I could write a long essay about this because I’ve thought about it a lot but I think the things that make people mad about this post are the result of things that women already think about themselves, which is worth considering and talking about. That said, a bullet point blog post was maybe not the way to go about that! I expected to get some people saying exactly what you have said, so I may leave it up and write a response tomorrow saying some of this in more detail to help clarify my feelings about things. That said, I do appreciate you responding to it and thinking about it, as well as being a regular reader. I’ve passed your email onto the post author as well!”
Obviously if you are wearing the right sized bra your boobs will not be rocking and swaying when you walk. Once you have found your real bra size and got a couple of bras that you love, having full breasts has so many perks! Here some great things about a bigger bust.
1. Some dresses are just made to be filled out at the top.
2. It’s easier to do a mammogram.
3. You can prop your book up on your bust in the bathtub and keep it dry.
4. Many beautiful bras start at a D cup.
5. Full breasts distracts from an imperfect figure.
6. The reactions you get when you say “I wear a J cup”. Priceless!
7. Gorgeous cleavage!
8. Feel feminine, like a grown woman.
9. Even a big belly doesn’t look big because the breasts stick out more.
10. There is no temptation to save money by buying cheap crappy bras. Beautiful, well-constructed ones are a necessity!
11. You always have a strong argument in your favour (actually two!) when negotiating with guys.
12. You have a great place to display your collection of pendants.
13. Everyone can read what is written on your Tshirt.
14. No need for push-up bras or inserts to have a lovely cleavage.
15. You can strongly distract men and even make them collide with random objects on the street.
16. You can support your plate on your boobs when you eat (not recommended for real ladies).
17. When you stand straight and draw yourself up you automatically look more imposing.
18. More surface area for caresses.
19. You can use your boobs to make space for yourself in a crowd.
Now over to you: what are the things you love about having bigger boobs? Do share!